The Right Perspective

Monday, January 21, 2013

It is Finished (well, mostly)!

Well, I think Ethan's flushing fiasco has finally (almost) ended.  After a LONG week of workers in and out of the house all day long, the bathroom is finished (except for the installation of a sidesplash, which didn't quite match the counter).  I'm still on a quest to find a better match to the granite (and why it wasn't included....well, that's a mystery to me, but it's a minor detail.
 
Here's the finished product.  Brand new everything except the tub and paint (although I have some touch-up painting to do still).
 
 
 I agonized over the tile floor, as evidenced by the pile of various colors and sizes of sample tiles sitting right outside the bathroom door.  Then I agonized about whether to include the mosaic pattern or not.  I'm so glad I did.  It makes me happy everytime I go in there.  It adds just a little touch of class and sparkle.
 
 
 The granite countertop, new vanity and new faucet.  I love it all.  So shiny and new...and clean and I almost hate to use it...but I have.
 
 
The faucet.  Andrew didn't have many opinions (that he was truly brave enough to express, except that he thought that "I" might think the countertop was too "busy" after a while.)  For the record, I LOVE the counterop even more now that it's installed and not sitting in a box in my living room.  But he did mention that he thought this style of faucet was pretty cool and since we 100% agreed...it now lives in our bathroom.  It's brushed nickel, even though it tends to look a little gold in this picture.  It's awesome.  Enough said.
 
 
 
So that's the bathroom tour.  I am responsible for repainting the new bathroom trim (no big deal) and touching up the paint behind the new toilet and vanity, since of course they aren't exactly the same size.  I can handle that though.

1 comment:

Bekah said...

I adore that entire bathroom SO MUCH. Oh my goodness. BEAUTIFUL. and for all you've been through - you deserved a pretty bathroom!