The Right Perspective

Monday, October 29, 2012

A Distraction from Hurricane Sandy

 
Since my family (out east on the Delmarva Peninsula) is hunkered down in an attempt to safely ride out Hurricane Sandy, I thought I'd provide a little distraction in the form of pictures.
 
 
 
 Arghhh Matey!  Pirate Ethan dressed as Jake from "Jake and the Neverland Pirates".  This will be his Halloween costume.
 
 


The kids wanted to play in the leaves on Saturday, so I raked a little pile and here's what they did:
 




 
 
Yesterday afternoon, we carved pumpkins.  These would be the second round of pumpkins as the ones that we hand-picked at the pumpkin patch rotted.
 
Ethan rather enjoyed scooping out the pumpkin guts.  Emily...not so much.
 
 
 
 
The kids with their pumpkins.
 
 
The finished product...a bat and a cat!

1 comment:

Malott said...

9Where did you learn to carve pumpkins like that?

I've been wondering about your family... Didn't hear anything, so I assumed they were OK.