The Right Perspective

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Help Me Decorate!

I've repainted my little half-bath in a soft blue-green (with some grey undertones) and for the life of me, I can't decide how to decorate it. I've bought pictures....I've already returned some. These are the finalists (unless I see something else that I like!)


So I need some opinions. I need at least two. I have zero decorating ability. If you've seen my house, you know this. If not, my decor is best described as "toy store", "book store" and "Clutter heaven". Someone please tell me what to pick (or tell me to keep trying!)



Option #1: The squares are shades of brown (not orange, like in the picture) and a nice bluish aqua). The frame is dark brown.




Option #2: Shades of tan, brown, aqua and cream/white. Same frame as above.




Option #3: Brown, deep cream, tan, deeper aqua shades. Same brown frame, but only seen from the sides, if that makes sense.





Option #4: Shades in this picture are pretty true to life. Dark brown frame.







Option #5: There would be two of these. They're maybe 12x12 and a little smaller than the other pictures. The only difference in the second one is a different medallion in the middle.


One picture (or series of two) needs to hang above the toilet. The other will be on the wall (about 2 feet wide) facing the toilet (the door is also on that wall). The trim is light cream and the actual paint color is Sherwin William's "Rain", in case that helps!


So please, give me your opinions. I need help! And remember, I need two. I have no idea if any of these coordinate or not. If not....suggestions are also welcome.









3 comments:

Bekah said...

Oh I'm so excited about this post! I love HGTV-esque posts! I have a vote...and I have reasons. :)

I like Option #5 for behind the toilet, because with two squares, you can elongate as much as you need...depending on how much of that wall you need to fill.


Originally I was going to say Option #1 for across from the toilet - because I like the saying. But then I wasn't sure that moments that take your breath away should be the mantra of a bathroom. LOL!!!

And for reasons I don't know, I'm not feeling the butterflies.

So I say either 2 or 4 for across from the toilet, and my final decision would rest on whether the long frame or the square frame fits the space better. That I don't know. I really like both pictures.

:D

Christina said...

I love that you had the same thought process that I did about the "moments that take your breath away" picture. If I use that one, it will go over the toilet...for that very reason!

I'm so glad you weighed in. I was hoping you would have an opinion and I knew this was right up your domestic alley!

How's the new job going? It sounds good, but I'm sure it's a huge change of pace.

Bekah said...

I love the job! It's the perfect fit for me. One of the work ladies even said that to me yesterday. She said I was made for this job. That not only made me feel good - but what a great affirmation! :)