The Right Perspective

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Long Time, No See

I know, it's been a while since I've posted anything. But real life gets busy, what can I say?
Here's the little guy. He's not much of a ham, huh?
This is the face he makes whenever a camera comes out these days.

These are Ethan's first stitches. Nice. Poor little guy tried to climb into his toy basket and when it tipped over, he hit his head on something hard enough to make a walnut-sized lump and cut an inch-long gash in his head. So, off to the ER we went, at 6:15 on Saturday evening. We got home around 10 pm, and what was the first thing Mr. Ethan did? Climbed into his booster seat (it sits on the floor) and waited for his dinner to be served! (He hit his head just as I was taking dinner out of the oven.) You don't mess with the boy's dinner plans. He WILL eat.


Here are both kiddos. Miss Em is doing very well in school. Her behavior has been nearly perfect. She's learning tons and she seems to like it. She is not currently eating at school, however, so we're trying to get to the bottom of that issue. She's growing by leaps and bounds and is about 50" tall at 6 years old. She's almost a head taller than all the kids in her class.



This is the morning after Ethan got his stitches. Emily, Ethan and I stayed home from church because I had to rouse up Mr. E every couple of hours over night to make sure he didn't have a concussion, plus, he's sporting some pretty nasty hair right now. We have to keep antiobiotic ointment on his cut 4-6 times a day for 6 days and we can't get his hair wet. It's going to be icky by Friday!
Ethan LOVES to wear glasses. These are his current favorites. They belong to Emily and are girl's sunglasses with little fish on either side. He will walk over to me, hand me the sunglasses and wait for me to put them on him. Then he walks around the living room grinning like a crazy man.


And finally, a picture from today. What a sweet little guy.








2 comments:

Bekah said...

I've been checking to see if maybe your blog just wasn't updating in my feed. I missed you!!!

SOSOCUTE!! those kids of yours! Ethan is cracking me up!!! I love it!!

Love you too!

Christina said...

Um, nope...I wasn't doing any updating. Your feed was just fine!

Life has just been rolling right along for us and with all of us getting up far too early in the mornings for school, I am beat by the time the kids go to bed. It doesn't leave a lot of time for updating, unfortunately.

Thanks for still checking on me though. I'll try to do better.