The Right Perspective

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

O Christmas Tree 2008

This year, we bought a real tree (a Frasier Fir, if you care) for the first time in our little family.
We finally got it decorated on Saturday, sans the beaded garland, but it is decorated!
Below is the view of the entire tree.
This is the top of the tree. I didn't think the star would fit or stay on, so I went with a bow this year.


The reason for the season. I have a nicer porcelain nativity, but I have discovered that real tree branches aren't as strong as artificial ones...so this one will have to do.


Some of the random ornaments we've collected over the 8+ years.




I must say that I highly recommend the satin ribbons to hang ornaments instead of the more traditional metal hooks. It takes a little more time the first time you use them, but then they are ready to go for all the following years. You can make your own or find them in some stores, pre-tied. Very kid-friendly too!







2 comments:

Bekah said...

I love the ribbons. Hmmmm.....might have to do that next year!

The tree looks great - GOOD JOB!!

Hope you've had a safe trip. I'm worn out from worrying about all my lil travelers!

Christina said...

Thanks. Which ribbons to you mean? The ornament hangers? We did that to baby proof with Emily and I love the way they look. Target used to sell them in packs of 25 or 50, but I couldn't find them this year. Making your own would be just as easy.

As for traveling, no need to worry about us. We are safe and sound at our house. Our plans changed yesterday because A's family has the stomach flu. (Lisa had it Sat/Sun and Bill came down with it yesterday with a vengeance.) So we're spending our first Christmas alone this year.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!