The Right Perspective

Friday, March 28, 2008

We've Started a Rock Band!

Yes, you read that right. We (Andrew and I) have started our very own late-night rock band....and it's eating up all our free time.

Okay, so we haven't totally lost our minds...yet, but we did break down and purchase the Rock Band kit for the Xbox 360 and ever since, have rocked out on the drums and electric guitar. Andrew is the drummer (he actually is in real life too) and I play the guitar (or "concawr") as Emily has taken to calling it.

I had my doubts when Andrew first suggested that we might like this. After all, I couldn't figure out (as a "real" musician) how this could work, but I have to admit that it GREAT fun and VERY addicting. I can totally understand how teens and twenty-something college students can get into this. Not to mention, if I had all the time in the world, how awesome I could be on the pretend guitar. Seriously, I would rock!

So, if I'm not around much, or if you ever hear of this weird band called The Way-Cool Shredders" (Looonnngggg story) touring near you....you'll know how it all started.

I have tried (valiantly, I might add) to add the YouTube video directly to this post, but I can't figure it out. (It's not of anyone we know, just a good way to get a feel for the game.) Here is the link instead....

4 comments:

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

We buy GPS's and camping gear...and you two buy music stuff! *wink* To each their own! LOL Enjoy! Sounds like a blast!

SkyePuppy said...

Looks like fun. And you can do it together!

My friend's son (we go to his house to play Settlers of Catan) has a wii, and I really ruled at bowling. It's so much easier on the arm than going to the bowling alley.

Malott said...

I was so excited... I thought you had recorded "WCS" and put it on You Tube.

When you get that accomplished I'll be anxious to see it.

SkyePuppy said...

Christina,

To add a You Tube video to your post (it took me a long time to figure this out), copy the stuff in the "Embed" box in You Tube, then go to your post on the HTML tab and paste it in.

It may not show up right when you switch back to the Compose tab, but if you do the Preview, you should see it. Even if you don't, trust that it will come out OK when you hit Publish.