The Right Perspective

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Christmas Q&A

I'm a copycat, but this sounded like fun, so I'm going to play along!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. I wrap most things, but sometimes I like to mix in some pretty bags. Plus, if I have an older grandparent I will use the bags because they are easier to open.

2. Real tree or artificial? Fake tree here. With two tree-climbing cats, a rambunctious dog and a three-year-old, the pine needles and sap would be too much.

3. When do you put up the tree? As soon after Thanksgiving as possible. This year, we're doing it today.

4. When do you take the tree down? Oh, sometime in January or February....whenever I get tired of keeping the pets and Emily out of it.

5. Do you like eggnog? Never had it, don't intend to try it!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmmm...probably my first real bicycle. It got a TON of use.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes. I bought one last year that has scripture verses on each character. Hard to explain.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My mother-in-law. Great mom-in-law, couldn't ask for better, just tough to shop for!

9. Easiest person to buy for? Emily, hands down.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmmm.....a globe.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, hopefully before Christmas!

12. Favorite Christmas movie? Chevy Chase in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Absolutely hilarious!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually around October/November. I like to be done by December, but it rarely happens.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas cookies...the batter in particular!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I prefer clear.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Impossible to say. I like them all...seriously. But anything by Josh Groban, particularly "O Holy Night".

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel...always. This year we go to Delaware, next year to Greentown. We switch off.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I think so.

20. Angel on the treetop or star? Star.

21. Open presents on Christmas eve or morning? Both. We open presents from one side of the family the night before, toys from Santa Christmas morning and more presents from the other side of the family later on Christmas.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Stores ignoring Christmas and making it a "holiday". Also rude people.

23. Corniest family tradition you do, or miss doing? We give batteries in everyone's stocking. Silly, I know.

24. Ugliest Christmas decoration ever invented? Upside down Christmas trees. Why?

25. Theme trees or homey? Either. I like both...someday I'd like to have one of each!

5 comments:

janice said...

I like the battery thing!

I wish we would have thought of that when all my nieces and nephews were little.

SkyePuppy said...

I'll have to look for Josh Grogan's O Holy Night. Sounds perfect.

I like the battery idea too.

Another corny gift idea I had was when my kids got a little older (and harder to shop for) and informed me that clothes are NOT a good gift idea. So I'd give them each a package of socks as a gag gift and have them open that first. I'd get the rolling eyes & "Mom!" and we'd have a laugh before they went on to the good presents. But Emily's still too young to appreciate a joke like that.

janice said...

Oh Skye!

I still give Christopher and Nick socks, undershirts and shorts wrapped in the biggest boxes I can find. After 10 years of doing this they both know what's in the "big box".

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

OK, feelin' pretty normal since most of our answers are exactly the same! *wink*

Bekah said...

I forgot about the updside down trees. Those mystify me as well. Strange inventions.