The Right Perspective

Friday, November 16, 2007

That Kind of Day

Emily painted (with permanent purple paint) the months-old new kitchen table and floor and centerpiece and placemats and base board.

While yelling at her in as controlled a voice as I could manage....

The dog peed on the floor.

Then Emily left a "load" in her diaper while asking me for the 17th time if she could get up out of her chair yet.

It had been a good day....

Still sound so "wonderful" to you now, Chris?

Where's Grandma when you need her?

6 comments:

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Aw, honey - been having plenty of those days around here too. I told you about the white-out poured all over the new furniture, right? And, the nail polish remover on the new wood dining room table that ate the finish off? The dry erase that apparently does NOT come off baseboards? The drawing in library books with permanent marker? Do I need to go on?

Hang in there! (((hugs)))

SkyePuppy said...

Oh dear. The permanent paint is the big problem. The floor is where you want the dog pee, if it isn't outside. So much easier to clean than carpet. And a load in the pants can be cleaned too.

We had hot pink highlighter plus magic marker on the kids' bedroom walls for years (from my son). Kilz covered it pretty well.

janice said...

WOW!

Yes, the floor is where you want her to pee, not the carpet if possible.

Christina said...

Unfortunately, it was and has always been the carpet....and again tonight.

Remind me again why I needed a dog?

But thanks, ladies for letting me know I'm not alone. Sorry for the bad attitude, it was just too much all at once.

Bekah said...

I was cringing for you...that is WAY too much for one day!

Malott said...

Stick her nose in it and whack her with a rolled up newspaper.

Do the same with the dog.