The Right Perspective

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Back in the Saddle Again...

Well, I’m back from vacation. Okay, actually I was only gone a week and I’ve pretty much squandered the entire month of August on just about everything except blogging. But the call of the blog is once again too strong to ignore. Well, actually that’s not true, but if I spend anymore of Emily’s nap time buying things on Ebay, then my darling sweet husband might just snap. (Ummm…note to darling sweet loving husband…I might have taken Emily to get her pictures taken today…we’ll talk later…I love you!)

So, I guess that means that I’m officially back once again. Of course by now, I am probably typing this solely for my own benefit, as my loyal readers have by now had their loyalty severely tested. I do not blame them. I blame Ebay.

5 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

I've been checking back to see if there's a new post. I was starting to think you three had gone on the world's longest vacation to visit relatives. Ever.

Glad to know you made it back safe and sound.

janice said...

Glad you're back and look forward to seeing your wit and perspective on the events of the day.

What, no pictures?

Christina said...

Skyepuppy,

No, we didn't spend that much time with family. We would all have gone insane, I do believe, after that much close "togetherness". It's nice to visit family, but it's also nice to be back home again.

Also, a traveling tip to pass along to you and your mom, should you ever head out to the East Coast and need to cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge...don't do it at any point on a weekend in the summer. Just don't. Oh the traffic jams.....

Thanks for checking on us!

Christina said...

Janice,

Thanks for the warm welcome back. I hope my humble blog can live up to your expectations. "Wit and perspective"? That's a high standard for little 'ole me. But I shall try.

As for the pictures, I do intend to share some, just as soon as I can transfer them from my camera to the computer. However, I was a bit disappointed in my beach pictures this year.

Thanks for the reminder!

SkyePuppy said...

Christina,

Thanks for the bridge tip. Being a Western wussie, I'm afraid of summertime humidity, so my mom and I are tentatively planning to see the west side of the country during the height of summer, and then head to the east side in late summer and early fall. We want to drive across the world's longest covered bridge in New Brunswick before the snow hits. We should be able to avoid the Chesapeake Bay Bridge traffic that way.