The Right Perspective

Saturday, January 15, 2011

News Flash: Christina Grows Up and Goes to the Dentist!

Yes, the time had come where I knew I had to put on my big girl pants and actually go to the dentist...because I had a tooth that just didn't feel right. It didn't hurt, per se, just felt weird when I would chew.

And so I went. I had no childcare until today, but all the Saturday appointments were taken, so I waited as a "walk-in" from about 10:30 until 1:00 or so.

I am now sporting a replaced/repaired/augmented filling (the old one was 20+ years old) and a brand spanking new filling because I have "very groovy teeth" which really means that I am horribly prone to cavities in my molars. I'm also sporting a very numb cheek, tongue and lip.

Fun stuff. But I survived. And I even made another appointment to do a full evaluation and cleaning in February. Shocking....I know. I'm sure I'll come to regret that.....

1 comment:

Bekah said...

oh sister. i'm so proud of you!!

I've never heard of groovy teeth. It sounds like a compliment though - kinda made me giggle!!!

I need to follow in your footsteps....