The Right Perspective

Saturday, November 08, 2008

29: Going once, Going Twice....GONE!

Officially, I am still 29...at least until 7:49 pm. Then, another decade is behind me, with a new one staring me right in the face.

I was awakened this morning, as usual, to Emily yelling "Daddy...Mommy!!" (Repeat at will) Then I was instructed to stay in bed for a while. So I did...and I was treated to breakfast in bed. This breakfast consisted of a paper plate that read, "So many candles, so little breathe!" and on it was a granola bar (the breakfast of champions). I was also given the royal treatment: a plastic tiara, plastic clip-on earrings and 6 mardi-gras style beaded necklaces.

And this was all before I got out of bed.

I am told that I will going out to eat later, at the restaurant of choice. Em suggested Subway at Walmart, to which Daddy replied, "You are going to make some young man very happy someday." I believe she said, "I know." I am toying with the idea of either Red Lobster or Famous Dave's. Just not sure which fits my mood better yet. Then we will be shopping for a special controller for our recently purchased Wii game so that A and I can play the oldie but goodie, Donkey Kong game.

More to come later....until then, Life is Good!

9 comments:

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

As it is now 9:41pm - HAPPY BIRTHDAY you youngin! *wink*

SkyePuppy said...

Happy Birthday, Christina!

They say 60 is the new 40, but I'm not sure if that helps you any.

Christina said...

Thanks Beth,

I still feel young (most days) so I guess I'll survive!

Skyepuppy,

According to your calculations, does that make me 30 the new ten?

I could live with that, I think.

Christina

Christina said...

Uhh, that should read, "does that make 30 the new 10".

I guess I'm losing brain cells faster than I thought!

Bekah said...

Ahhh, Em is a girl after my own heart. Last Sunday I had lunch at my new pastor's house and he asked my fave restaurant. Literally nothing but Burger King came to mind. So I guess if any guy ever asks him that info about me - lucky day for the ole wallet!!

Anyway, I don't even think I was online yesterday and now I just feel TERRIBLE for not wishing you a happy birthday ON the day. But welcome to the fab decade of the thirties! I can't wait to hear how the rest of the day went!!

Malott said...

Sorry I missed the post...

But actually, you had been living in your 30th year of life for some time.

You have now begun your 31st year on the planet.

But Happy Birthday, anyway!

Bekah said...

Are there pictures of the big day to be posted?? I want to see if I still recognize you. :)

Bryan Alexander said...

Happy Birthday,

30, I think I can remember that far back.

Christina said...

Chris,

How, exactly, does this comment help me?

Thanks for the B-day wishes anyway...I think.

Bekah,

No pictures. Wasn't feeling that well that evening, so the camera stayed safely tucked away.

Bryan,

Thanks for the B-day wishes. You know, with age comes wisdom...and I'd much rather be wise than young. (At least that's what I'm going to keep saying!)