The Right Perspective

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Christmas Time is Here














Well, it's that time of year again....time for Christmas pictures. We braved the mall on Saturday to have some family Christmas pictures taken, to see Santa and to try to get a little Christmas shopping in. This despite my rule that unless absolutely neccessary, one should never go to the mall on a Saturday in December. You just shouldn't even try.


We went to Sears, all dressed in our coordinating holiday apparel, with an extra change of clothes for Emily, since I wanted some individual pictures of her in her Christmas dress. We looked like a nice family.


By the end of the photo session, we were barely speaking, Emily was DONE with pictures and pretty much everything and the Christmas spirit was 100% sucked out of all of us. Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la, la, la!


The family pictures turned out okay. Not great. Emily's were about the same. She didn't want to sit or stand or by held still the entire time. Oh well....there's always next year.


As we were leaving the studio, another family was looking at their pictures and said, "Wow, we actually look like we like each other! It only took 10 years of family pictures."


So, maybe there's hope for us yet.

3 comments:

Bekah said...

Well whether she was happy or mad she is just as cute as I remember from the in person visits!!! And I l-o-v-e that dress!!!

Christina said...

Bekah,

I wonder why they don't make nice, dignified dresses like this (with long sleeves) for ladies of our age? I don't want to wear a suit, and sometimes a gal just needs to get a nice dress!

Thanks for the visit.

Bekah said...

I so hear you!! It's either a prom dress or a multi piece suit. I broke down and bought a festive party shirt for the holidays. So far everyone my age says it's really cute and everyone 40 and over says "isn't that kind of low in the front?" Thanks, people.

Oh and I saw Katy today - got all caught up on life with her!!!

:)