Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Fourth, you've been learning to wave. I haven't caught a picture of it yet, but I am absolutely certain that you are waving at me. Well, actually you're waving back at yourself, but you get the idea! It's very cute. You're also quite close to clapping, but you've got to open your fists first.
You've mastered this whole sitting up thing and though the picture doesn't show it, I'm thinking you might be a drummer like your Dad. You absolutely adore beating on anything and everything in your way, including whoever is holding you. It is seriously a hazard to hold you for very long.
Oh and did I mention that you have two teeth? Yep...your first two teeth appeared right around seven and a half months. It didn't seem to traumatize you too much....let's hope that continues.
All in all, you've been a very busy little fellow and you're growing and changing very quickly now. I have a feeling this month is going to see quite a few more developments. I'm betting that you master crawling and moving from a laying to sitting position (you're close to doing that now). I'm looking forward to seeing what this month brings! We love you, little buddy!
Sunday, March 14, 2010
The Dog's Diary
8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!
The Cat's Diary
Day 983 of My Captivity
My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.
The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Jerks!
There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.
Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.
I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...
Thursday, March 04, 2010
1. I know she won't mind
2. Malott has accused me of not blogging enough and
3. I don't have any good ideas of my own right now
So, here are my answers to some totally random questions.
1. What's your favorite time of day and why? I love evening, when the sun is setting. Right now, it's a rough time at our house as both kids are just done for the day, but otherwise it's my favorite time.
2. If health wasn't an issue, what food could you live off of? Easy...buckeyes! Seriously, it has everything I need all in one convenient tasty little ball. Sweet chocolate and salty (and nutritious protein-rich) peanut butter. It's all a girl needs.
3. If you could have one wish granted (besides wishing for more wishes) what would it be? I would wish to live in a perfect, sinless world. Then I wouldn't need any more wishes.
4. What's one thing that you get teased about a lot? Hmmm...being soft-spoken has often gotten me teased...especially by my pesky brother-in-law.
5. If you could choose one movie, book, or TV show to spend your life in, which would you pick? What type of character would you be? That's tough. I think I'd choose to be like Anne from Anne of Green Gables. I loved the simplicity of her life, the genteelness of the time and the setting. Plus, I think she and I would have had a lot in common. (Funny, I hadn't even read Bekah's answer to the travel question when I wrote this!)
6. If you could have one talent that you don't already have, what would it be? The ability to paint or draw anything I wanted. I can barely draw stick figures.
7. If money were no object, where would you go on vacation? Good question. I think I'd like to visit St. Lucia and Hawaii...and maybe the Mediterranean.
8. If you were an awesome singer, which genre would you sing? I honestly have no idea. But it for darn sure wouldn't be even remotely close to country!
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, what would it be? Just one? Well, maybe Amazon.com. Is there anything they don't sell?
10. If you could live in any point in time, when would it be? I've always thought it would be fun to be a pre-civil war southern belle. Of course, that whole civil war mess got kind of ugly....
11. If every outfit in your wardrobe had to be one color, what would it be? Blue. A nice medium shade, not navy.
12. If you were one of the seven dwarfs, which one would you be? Sleepy. (But I wish there was a "Curious" option!)
13. What's the last album you listened to? Well, this is highly embarassing coming from a music major, but if I'm honest, it's "hits" from the Disney animated show "Phineas and Ferb". They are clever and funny...and sadly I know many of the lyrics. All kid music aside, the last album I listened to was Chris Daughtry's newest.
14. What's something we'd be surprised to know about you? I know the lyrics to way too many Jimmy Buffet songs. I blame Andrew for that!